- Length : 72 feet
- Capacity : Parties or groups from 2 to 35; USCG certified for 35 passengers
- Home Port : World Financial Center, NYC (facing Morans & Winter Garden Pavillion)
- Relocate : New York Harbor (Hudson), Connecticut
A True American Classic
Approaching her 100th year, the Ventura is a true American classic yacht well-known around New York City, and has been sailing the beautiful New England waters for the last 25 years. A wooden ship made from materials like teak, oak, and mahogany, this 72-foot sailing boat has been hosting private events dating back to 1987 yet has been under the same management. This small, yet important fact makes her the most experienced yacht in the New York area.
Best Off-Broadway Steal
One valuable asset of the Ventura is its entertainment value for clients. The show on the water is the glorious spectacle of the New York Harbor and skyline—a priceless view. This very special boat has also hosted stars like Nicole Kidman and was even featured in the movie “Hitch,” with Will Smith. Large corporate clients find the atmosphere aboard simultaneously upscale yet casual for relaxed conversation.
Cruise and Dine in Style
The Ventura charter sailing yacht houses three private sleeping cabins that reflect a 1920’s style with carved wood paneling, beautifully varnished wood, and brass oil lamps. With a typical sailing time table from 6:30-9:30pm on weeknights, the Ventura will adjust to accommodate your distinctive needs. This unique yachting adventure offers an intimate environment filled with the charm of the old world. Available in both summer and fall months, her petite size does not diminish from the grandeur of your dining experience. On average, a sunset cocktail party with a guest list from 20 to 25 costs only $225 per person: this inclusive fee includes quality food, open bar, and no hidden tax fees.
- Timeless New York City landmarks seen from the elegant old world deck of Ventura: including The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Private Harbor Tours available for groups and couples
- The legendary yacht designer Nathanael G. Herreshoff, considered the best in history, designed the Ventura in 1921
- Ventura continues to be the Ideal backdrop for film, television (“Good Morning America”), and major fashion production teams like J. Crew and Nautica
- Charters from New York Harbor, Hudson River, and Stamford, CT
- Reservations recommended, but open to the public for Friday sunset sails and Sunday brunch