- Length : 80 feet
- Capacity : Parties or groups from 2 to 49
- Home Port : NY/NJ
- Relocate : New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Long Island
Stunning 80-Foot Schooner
The Schooner Adirondack is a stunning 80-foot wooden replica of a classic pilot schooner of yesteryear. With a reputation for speed and outstanding maneuverability, the Adirondack offers both a safe and gentle journey down the Hudson River and other routes.
With her generous deck space and the ability to seat up to 49 guests comfortably, Adirondack is idea for unforgettable sightseeing and sailing adventures. Operated by Coast Guard-certified captains, the schooner is well-known for her incredibly friendly and experienced crew.
While lunch and dinner are not served on board, passengers are more than welcome to pack a picnic meal for their journey around New York City Harbor and beyond. While enjoying a casual feast onboard the speedy 1890’s style schooner, guests can admire a gorgeous New York sunset, the unforgettable New York City skyline, views of Ellis Island and Battery Park, and the famous Lady Liberty herself. To wash down the picnic meal, the friendly crew will be more than happy to serve a few rounds of complimentary soda, champagne, wine and beer.
The Adirondack is known for more than her comfortable accommodations; she has also won her share of races. For 14 straight seasons from 1994 to 2007, the schooner achieved record finishes in the Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race.
- The Adirondack Schooner was designed and built in 1994 by Scarano Boat Building of Albany, New York
- The boat is a wooden replica of a classic turn of the century pilot schooner
- The Schooner runs an 8-month season starting in late April and ending in late November
- For as much of the journey as possible, the engine is shut off and the schooner sets sail
- The meeting location is at Chelsea Piers (Pier 62) , at W. 22nd and Hudson River in Manhattan
- Gratuity is not included in the price; parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after booking their cruise on the schooner to provide a credit card for an additional 18% gratuity